HV Garments Ltd is a manufacturing company that is well known for commitment and great customer service, going above and beyond for our clients is what we strive for.
We are contracted by large retailers in the fashion industry and specialize in tailoring uniforms, fashion clothes, apparels and garments that are specifically designed and requested by the clients. All products are crafted and tailored in accordance with the custom design requirements of our clients.
We are growing and are seeking to hire two seamstresses who have passion and great craft of work. We provide industrial sewing machines, fabrics, accessories, tools and other equipment on site.
Our business is located at 1011 East 64th Avenue, Vancouver BC V5X 2N7 Canada.
Why join HV Garments?
- Competitive wage
- Good benefits
- Flexible working hours
General information about the job vacancies as follows:
- Number of position available: 2
- Hours per week: 35 hours, Tuesday – Saturday 10am – 6pm.
- Occasional overtime if a tight deadline is required
- This position is full time and permanent
- Wage : $24.50/hour
- Basic medical coverage provided by the employer.
- Start date : As soon as possible
- No English requirement
- No formal education required
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to hand sew, style, alter, repair and tailored men and women’s garments using industrial sewing machine;
- Knowledge of operating sewing machines
- Excellent hand-eye coordination and dexterity
- Basic math skills
- Understanding of textile characteristic and a good sense of three-dimensional space is an asset
- Formal training in technical textiles would be considered an asset
- Basic fabric cutting skills/knowledge
- Ability to sew custom shapes and sizes precisely
- Effective verbal communication skill is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Willingness to learn new tasks and techniques
- Able to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Able to lift up to 30lbs
- Sitting or standing for up to 8 hours per day
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast paced working environment
- Make made-to-measure garments, such as suits and coats according to customers' and clothing manufacturers' specifications and fit
- Operate sewing machines or sew by hand
- Mark, cut and sew fabric
- May alter and repair garments as required.
- Select and modify commercial patterns to customers' and clothing manufacturers' specifications
- Strictly follow instructions and designs set by the client
All candidates who comply whether you are indigenous or have a disability are welcome to send their resumes to email@example.com or mail to our business located at 1011 East 64th Avenue, Vancouver BC V5X 2N7 Canada.