Number of Open Positions: 3
Employer: Kompass Natural Foods Limited (Waves Coffee House)
Employer Address: 1095 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1E2
Work Location Address: 1095 W Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6H 1E2
Waves Coffee House is one of the fastest growing coffee franchises in Western Canada. Founded in 2005, Waves Coffee House has 40 locations in British Columbia and Alberta offering premium coffee, espresso-based specialty drinks, signature Belgian Mochas, a rare Rooibos Tea menu and a fresh line up of Panini, wraps, soups, baked goods and desserts. Waves were recognized as the “Hottest Brand in Canada” and the “Best of Brands”.
Our Waves Coffee House is located in the bustling business hub of the West Broadway Street. Our customers enjoy the spacious premises as a great place to have coffee, various other drinks and foods, meet colleagues, study in groups or sit and watch the world go by.
Bring your own blend of skills, knowledge, and passion to our Waves Coffee House and join our dynamic team!
Salary: $14.60 - $17.00 an hour (based on experience)
Terms of Employment: Full-Time (At least 40 hours per week)
Main job duties:
- Take customer orders and convey them to other staffs for preparation, if needed
- Receive and process customer payments
- Prepare and serve hot or cold beverages, such as coffee, espresso drinks, blended coffees and teas using espresso machines and other equipment
- Clean and sanitize work areas, utensils, or equipment
- Describe menu items to customers or suggest products that might appeal to them
- Clean service and customer seating areas
- Serve prepared foods to customers
- Prepare menu items, such as sandwiches or salads
- Weigh, grind, or pack coffee beans for customers
- Stock customer service stations with paper products or beverage preparation items
- Provide customers with product details, such as coffee blend or preparation descriptions
- Take out garbage
- Order, receive, or stock supplies or retail products
- Slice fruits, vegetables, desserts, or meats for use in food service
- Check temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, or heating equipment to ensure proper functioning
Qualifications and Physical Demands/Working Conditions (In compliance with the company’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures):
- Standing/walking for approximately 8 hours a day
- Great Customer Service skills are a must.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
- High School Diploma
- Current Food Safe certification or one to be obtained within 3 months from hire date