We are looking for a Fencing Instructor position in our fencing club.
Position: Fencing Instructor, F/T, Permanent, 30 hours per week
Work Location: 2805 Spring Street, Port Moody, BC V3H 4C6
Wage &Benefits: $25/hr, 4% of vacation pay
Number of positions: 1
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and carry out Fencing activities for club members
- Maintain supplies and organize all Fencing equipment and facilities
- Demonstrate and instruct Fencing techniques of foil, sabre, or epee for every level
- Instruct groups and individuals in Fencing programs
- Monitor all activities to ensure safety and provide emergency or first aid assistance when required
- Enforce safety rules and regulations during classes and activities
- Assist with co-ordination of special Fencing Club events
- Schedule activities, keep logs, maintain records and prepare reports
- May train and supervise staff if necessary.
Job/ Employment Requirements
- Completion of secondary school
- Completion of a college program in recreation or physical education
- Demonstrated ability in teaching foil, sabre, or epee
- Certificate of Recreational Program Instructor or Specialist will be an asset.
- More than 2 year of experience as a coach or an instruct in Fencing will be an asset.
- Must be fluent in English
How to apply:
Please send your resume via email at (1) email@example.com or(2) Post to below address:2805 Spring Street, Port Moody, BC V3H 4C6
Thank you for your interest in applying the position. Successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.