Brightwood Homes Ltd. is hiring Drywall Installer to start immediately. We have 1 full-time Drywall Installer position available for a qualified applicant.
Hours per week: 40 hours
Terms of Employment: Full-Time, Permanent, Year-Round position
Job Requirements :
Experience: 1-2 years
Education: Secondary School Diploma
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Trims rough edges from wallboard to maintain even joints, using a knife.
- Fits and fastens wallboard or sheetrock into a specified position, using hand tools, portable power tools, or adhesive.
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes, and cracks with joint compound using a trowel and broad knife
- Measures and marks cutting lines on framing, drywall, and trim, using a tape measure, straightedge or square, and marking devices.
- Installs blanket insulation between studs and tacks plastic moisture barrier over insulation.
- Removes plaster, drywall, or paneling, using crowbar and hammer.
- Apply various coats of compound and sand the seams and joints
- Assembles and installs metal framing and decorative trim for windows, doorways, and vents.
- Reads blueprints and other specifications to determine method of installation, work procedures, and material and tool requirements.
- Installs horizontal and vertical metal or wooden studs for attachment of wallboard on interior walls, using hand tools.
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings.
Please send your resume in PDF format (preferred) to:
- Phone Number: 604-782-3819
- Email: email@example.com
- Mailing Address: 12766 67 Ave, Surrey, BC V3W 1M7 Canada
Business Address: 6885 126A Street, Surrey, BC V3W 1K6 Canada
Location of Work: Various locations in Lower Mainland British Columbia