Number of Open Positions: 4
Employer: Vision-Amcan Wealth Management Corporation
Operation Name: Maple Kids Childcare Centers (The Maples)
Employer Address: 6451 Williams Rd, Richmond BC, Canada V7E1K6
Childcare Centers Locations:
- Maple Range Child Care Center (Arbutus) - 2381 Oliver Crescent, Vancouver
- Maple House Child Care Center (Tweesmuir) - 7791 Tweedsmuir Avenue, Richmond
- Maple House Child Care Center (Williams) - 6451 Williams Road, Richmond
- The Maples (MacDonald) - 4071- 4075 MacDonald St, Vancouver (Opening 2021)
- The Maples (Sweden Way) - #150-12551 Bridgeport Rd, Richmond (Opening 2022)
- The Maples (Oak) - 8349 - 8511 Oak St, Vancouver (Opening 2023)
At Maple Kids Child Care Centers (The Maples) we are in business of providing high quality child care. Our organization dedicated to creating a nurturing, stimulating and welcoming environment for all children. Our unique programs incorporate a variety of educational theories, while always keep the child’s best interest in mind and allow for hands-on, experiential learning.
We believe that children thrive in an environment which values their own uniqueness, while providing support and opportunities to grow emotionally, socially and creatively. By building on each child’s strengths, interests and curiosities, we guide each child to explore the world around them as well as develop new abilities and form close relationships.
We have three active locations in Vancouver and Richmond, and are in the process of opening three new locations in Vancouver and Richmond.
The Maples is looking for passionate, dedicated and caring Early Childhood Educator Assistants to join our growing Team
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour (based on experience)
Terms of Employment: Full-Time (At least 35 hours per week)
Main job duties:
- Support Early Childhood Educators (ECEs) to provide compassionate, welcoming, nurturing and empathetic care and guidance to children using the ECA values and principals.
- Build trusting relationships with children, parents and staff members to create effective team work that serves the best interest of children.
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of the Maples child-care programs to help children grow emotionally, socially, creatively and physically.
- Assist the ECEs in implementing individual curriculum for each child based on their unique personality traits, their interests and strengths. Assist ECEs in providing opportunities to each child to fully express their creativity through playful activities such as drawing, music, acting and games.
- Contribute to implementation of proper child habits development plans including eating, bathroom, organizing (cleaning up), dressing and maintenance of personal hygiene.
- Lead the daily child care group activities – reading, singing, crafting, drawing, games, etc.
- Take charge of the meal preparations (lunches and snacks) and eating arrangements.
- Manage the nap time arrangements.
- Be responsible for the management of the equipment.
- Continuously observe the children and work with ECEs to identify and document learning and behavioral problems of children.
- Attend staff meetings and assist ECEs in parents meeting, if required.
- Continuously and vigilantly maintain a safe environment for the children to protect their health and well-being.
- Be a genuine, supportive, engaged, and productive team member who is open to and implements feedback and guidance.
- At least high-school education is required, or equivalent
- Completion of a qualified ECEA program is required
- Valid Emergency Child Care First-Aid & CPR B Certification
- British Columbia Early Childhood Educator Assistant Certificate is required, or equivalent
- Food Safety I is preferred
- At least one year of child care work experience is highly preferred