General Overview: We are seeking a self-motivated team-player with excellent curriculum development skills and abilities to implementation the Essential Skills based curriculum for our Employer Partner Training Program using a client centered and learning focused approach. Reporting to the Coordinator, the Facilitator provides Essential Skills lesson plans, evaluation processes, classroom instruction, one on one, and group-based instruction.
- Research and assesses required learning outcomes for scheduled intake groups based on employer or industry requirements.
- Designs a variety of Essential Skills based course lesson plans, instructional materials, exercises & activities, and evaluation processes for group based and one-on-one instruction.
- Facilitates classroom based training programs, delivering content to meet program learning objectives.
- Coordinates learning experiences with external partners, including student attendance at workplace tours, cultural events, job fairs, other special events and training sessions.
- Assists program participants in increasing their knowledge in their chosen career and helping them focus on employer/job essential skills requirements.
- Assesses client essential skills competency levels through formal and informal assessment tools throughout the program.
- Monitors and supports the achievement of student and program goas; Identifies and addresses learner/ knowledge gaps, adjusting lessons and approach as required; coaches and counsels regarding barriers to learning.
- This position requires a high level of confidentiality
- Other duties as required
- Tracks student data; compiles and submits program client standard and supplemental report.
- Analyzes and evaluates program and client record statistical data.
- Participates in program team meetings. Monitors and evaluates program execution; assesses individual progress and problem solve regarding student issues using a case team approach.
Education and experience preferred
- Degree in Adult Education with minimum 2 years’ experience in Curriculum Development and Adult Education
- Essential Skills Practitioner certification
- Career Practitioner Certification with 3 years’ experience in Employment & Training; qualified to administer and interpret a variety of career/learning assessment tools
- Life Skills Coaching Diploma
- Experience working with Indigenous clients
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Strong knowledge of labour market information and occupational trends – including ability to access and use available industry resources
- Strong ability to identify training/development needs, prepare and develop materials for distinct training intakes
- Solid in application of career facilitation processes and practices
- Solid group facilitation and training skills with a focus on employment and skills building
- Strong technology integration and research skills
- Strong research and analysis skills for curriculum development and learning materials
- Strong relationship skills – able to develop trust and respect and engage, retain and motivate multi-barriered clients/students
- Solid coaching and facilitating skills
- Solid detail and organization skills applied to curriculum development, classroom delivery and case management
- Creativity – in developing relevant and engaging lesson plans and activities
- Flexible and adaptable to frequently changing priorities
- Strong collaboration and team work
- Strong communication skill – effective listening, oral, written and presentation skills
- A team player
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
First Nation, Métis and Inuit applicants are encouraged to apply and asked to please self-identify on their cover letter. Please submit your cover letter and resume via email in MS Word format to: Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open until filled
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. If you are invited for an interview and require access accommodation, please let us know in advance so that we can make adequate arrangements.