STONE X TRANSPORTATION INC.
Stone X Transportation Inc. has an immediate opening for an experienced Short-haul truck driver (NOC #7511) at our location in Brampton, Ontario.
As a Short-haul truck driver, you will perform some or all of the following duties:
Truck Driver performs some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive primary trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short interurban routes
- Loading and unloading of goods overland to and from customers.
- Secure and unsecured loads using straps and load bars.
- Conduct Pre-Trip and post-trip inspection of the vehicle and safely operate the equipment.
- Plan travel schedules route ahead and obtain the necessary documentation for transporting goods.
- Responsible for communicating with Dispatch
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Carry out all duties related to short-haul driving such as record hours of service, distance covered fuel consumption, and maintain electronic logbooks.
- Monitor service and safety inspection requirements of assigned tractor and trailers.
- Record information about carrying material, bill of lading, and all required paperwork for transportation requirements.
- May drive special purpose trucks such as cement mixing trucks.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- A class 1 or A license is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (40 hours/week)
Compensation: $0.60 per Mile/ $20.50 per hour is guaranteed for this job.
Location: 201 West Creek Blvd, Brampton, Ontario L6T 5S6
To apply e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org