The Exploration Geologist, Manager, will manage Canadian Palladium’s mineral exploration projects in Canada and around the world. You will plan, design, develop and supervise geological programs for data acquisition, analysis of the data and prepare geological reports for our management team. Your research reports will extend knowledge of the structure, composition, and processes of the earth, to locate, identify and extract minerals. Specifically, you will locate and evaluate deposits of production grade metal, such as Palladium, that is critical to the current and future manufacturing of vehicle technology components. You may be required to travel to various exploration and mining sites in Canada.
The Exploration Geologist is a motivated, energetic, enthusiastic manager with strong leadership abilities; along with excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), mentoring and coaching abilities.
- A minimum of 15 years as qualified geologist with experience in delineating and managing mineral exploration and production projects in Sub-Saharan Africa, South America and China;
- Experience in the style, genesis and occurrence of base and precious metals, rare and industrial minerals, as well as nuclear fuels, precious stones and fossil fuels in varied geological settings;
- Proficient in the use of 2D as well as 3D mineral exploration software for target generation and resource estimation modeling through the use of modeling software;
- A track record of managing multiple exploration programs in various stages by using multidisciplinary techniques in mineral exploration;
- A master's or doctoral degree in geology;
- Registration with a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers, geologists, geophysicists or geoscientists is required for employment.
- Assist Canada Palladium in advancing its exploration projects in Canada and around the world by conducting geological fieldwork:
- Develop and co-ordinate programs for geotechnical, geological, geophysical or geohydrological data acquisition, analysis and mapping to assist in the development of major mining projects;
- Conduct analytical studies of drillcore and drillchip samples to identify mineralisation;
- Plan, co-ordindate and manage geological field studies, drilling and geological testing programs.
- Additional target generation using:
- Geochemical and geophysical data generation while in the field;
- Drill hole modeling using appropriate geological software;
- Search for additional projects.
- Office duties to include:
- Report writing and feedback to the Managing Director using appropriate diagrams, maps and geological sections where applicable;
- Assistance with investor relations;
- Develop recommendations for improvements that increase product uniformity and reliability;
- Plan, develop and implement processes and procedures that support Canada Palladium’s organizational strategy in coordination with internal business partners.
- Assist training junior staff in:
- Appropriate techniques during geological fieldwork and correct logging of drill core according to company standards;
- Supervise junior technologists, technicians, and other geologists;
- Lead, mentor and coach junior exploration staff.
- Must be willing to relocate residentially to Vancouver, BC.
- Ability to successfully complete a full pre-employment medical assessment and police clearance.
Canadian Palladium Resources Inc.