We at Atomic Transport Limited located at Unit No 101-C, 7750 128 Street Surrey BC V3W OR6 and registered at 14306 77A Avenue, Surrey BC V3W OL2 are looking to hire long haul truck drivers (NOC Code 7511) Long Haul truck Drivers shall be required to perform following Job Duties: Transport truck drivers operate heavy trucks to transport goods and materials over urban, interurban, provincial and international routes. This unit group also includes drivers of special purpose trucks and shunters who move trailers to and from loading docks within trucking yards or lots.
. Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to
transport goods and materials over long distances
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and
turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting
dangerous goods . Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes . Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers . May perform emergency roadside repairs
• May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy . May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
• Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short inter-urban routes
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and
loading and unloading of cargo
• May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
Wage Offered: $ 25 Per Hour for 40 to 60 Hours per week 10 Days Paid Vacation
• Completion of secondary school is usually required.
• On-the-job-training is provided.
• Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational
school or community college, may be required.
• A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
• Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
• Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous
products or dangerous goods.
• Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.
If you are the perfect fit and want to join our growing team please apply with your resume to email@example.com; only short listed candidates will be contacted.