Waves Coffee House is one of the fastest growing coffee franchises in Western Canada. Founded in 2005, Waves Coffee House has 40 locations in British Columbia and Alberta offering premium coffee, espresso-based specialty drinks, signature Belgian Mochas, a rare Rooibos Tea menu and a fresh line up of Panini, wraps, soups, baked goods and desserts. Waves were recognized as the “Hottest Brand in Canada” and the “Best of Brands”.
Our Waves Coffee House is located in the bustling business hub of the West Broadway Street. Our customers enjoy the spacious premises as a great place to have coffee, various other drinks and foods, meet colleagues, study in groups or sit and watch the world go by.
Bring your own blend of skills, knowledge, and passion to our Waves Coffee House and join our dynamic team!
Salary: $25 per hour
Terms of Employment: Full-Time (at least 35 hours per week)
Main job duties:
- Oversee the daily operations of the Waves café and manage the restaurant staff:
- Hire new staff and provide effective onboarding training;
- Assign tasks and responsibilities to every staff member and provide adequate, continuous training;
- Manage the staff working schedules;
- Continuously evaluate performance of the staff, provide instant feedback and discipline, if required;
- Investigate and resolve customer complaints regarding products quality and service;
- Assure that friendly and prompt customer service is delivered continuously by the Waves Coffee House staff;
- Be in charge of arranging catering events and meeting room services. Be the first point of contact with our corporate/business clients;
- Monitor the inventory suppliers and organize re-ordering;
- Participate in budget creation and be responsible for executing the cost control measures;
- Conduct daily cash handling duties accurately and receive reports by the Shift Supervisor of any errors;
- Assume some of the responsibilities of the Assistant Manager and Baristas if needed (when short-staffed);
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations and keep records required by government agencies – this is miscellaneous, should be at the very bottom.
- Completion of a college program (hospitality or food service field preferred, but not mandatory)
- Good leadership skills
- Exceptional level of communication skills
- Food service industry experience
- Some supervisory or management experience in the food service industry
Contact Information: Please send your resumes to email@example.com
Use “Cafeteria Manager” in the subject line.