Job Position: Office administrative assistant
Nekison Engineering and Contractors Limited
Location Etobicoke, ON
Salary $16.50 / hour
Employment groups: Students, Youth, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada
Terms of employment:- Permanent, Full time 40 hours / week
Start date:- As soon as possible
Employment conditions:- On-call, Overtime, Day, Weekend
Employer covers the relocation costs
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Transportation/Travel Information: Public transportation is available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail
Work Location Information: Relocation costs covered by the employer, Willing to relocate
Personal Suitability: Ability to multitask, Excellent oral communication, Flexibility, Client focus, Reliability, Organized, Excellent written communication, Team player, Accurate
Area of Specialization: Correspondence, Reports and records, Financial statements, Invoices
Business Equipment and Computer Applications: Electronic scheduler, Accounting software, MS Excel, MS Office, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Windows
Specific Skills/Job Responsibilities:
• Schedule and confirm meetings with clients, coordinate calendars activities and arrange travel schedules.
• Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages.
• Organize, compile, update and maintain customer’s records and documentation.
• Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material.
• Prepare and maintain invoices, correspondence and other financial records by using a computerized bookkeeping system
• Perform other bookkeeping tasks such as bill paying, writing cheques, mailing cheques, preparing bank deposits, applying cash receipts, managing credit cards and transactions, and assisting with annual audit etc.
• Manage all accounts receivable and payable with financial transactions and reconciliation.
• Record and prepare minutes of meetings.
• Maintain organizational files, documents and office supplies.
• Greet visitors and clients and provide general information to them.
Technical Terminology: Engineering, Business
How to apply: By email
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.