Employer Name: Accord Immigration Consulting Inc.
Employer Address: Unit 2132 - 4710 Kingsway, Burnaby, BC V5H 4M2
About Us: Accord Immigration Consulting Inc. is an immigration consulting company providing legal services in all areas of Canadian immigration. Our company is on a mission to help people from around the world realize their dream of finding a better life in the beautiful and prosperous country of Canada. We take pride in our expertise of the Canadian immigration law and comprehensive knowledge of the Canadian immigration system. With personal approach to each one of our clients we provide the highest quality of service with integrity and passion.
Our company is looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, highly intelligent and hardworking legal assistant to assist with client case management.
Wage: $24.00 per hour
Terms of Employment: Full-Time (at least 35 hours per week)
- At least one year of post-secondary education is required, preferably in a related field;
- Legal assistant working experience is required, preferably in immigration;
- Must be fluent in English, great verbal communicator and advanced English business/legal writing skills are mandatory;
- Highly organized, detailed oriented;
- Ability to multi-task, manage several client files at the same time and meet multiple deadlines.
Main Job Duties:
- Managing clients’ immigration cases (under the supervision of RCICs):
- Communicating immigration application requirements to clients and agents;
- Scheduling client appointments and meetings;
- Collecting client documents and information;
- Reviewing the documents, proofreading and comparing them against the legal requirements;
- Preparing and submitting immigration application packages;
- Preparing drafts of the immigration application forms;
- Preparing drafts of communication letters (submission letter, explanation letter, etc.);
- Organize the supporting documents;
- Assist in communication with the government representatives (IRCC, Service Canada, PNP Offices, etc.);
- Overseeing and managing all of the incoming electronic and paper mail.
- Assisting RCICs with appeals to the Immigration Appeal Division:
- Assisting with case research;
- Assisting with preparation of supporting documents;
- Assisting with drafting submissions;
- Accompanying RCIC and clients to hearings;
- Managing client’s Labour Market Impact Assessment cases:
- Working with clients (employers) on meeting the LMIA requirements;
- Preparing documents and application forms;
- Submitting full application packages;
- Assisting with the client’s business plan writing process:
- Conducting industry, product, services and other related on-line research;
- Drafting business plan sections;
- Including pictures, tables, graphs and other designs into business plan drafts.
- Accompanying clients to the Canadian Port of Entry (border) to assist with immigration applications;
- Learning the government requirements for various immigration programs;
- Preparing meetings agendas, taking notes at meetings, organizing notes, communicating with participants;
- Maintaining client filing system, in accordance with the professional requirements;
- Assisting with client billing;
- Performing various administrative and office management tasks;
- Following the established company procedures and continuously work on process improvements.
Contact Information: Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org “Legal Assistant” in the subject.
Accord Immigration Consulting Inc.