Job Duties: The Administrative Assistant shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following job tasks:
- Prepare, key in, edit and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, reports and related material from machine dictation and handwritten copy
- Open and distribute incoming regular and electronic mail and other material and co-ordinate the flow of information internally and with other departments and organizations
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
- Answer telephone and electronic enquiries and relay telephone calls and messages
- Set up and maintain manual and computerized information filing systems
- Determine and establish office procedures
- Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appropriate person
- Record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Arrange travel schedules and make reservations
- May compile data, statistics and other information to support research activities
- May supervise and train office staff in procedures and in use of current software.
- May organize conferences
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college or other program for administrative assistants or secretaries
Previous clerical experience is required.
**NOTE** This represents an overview of the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be considered as a conclusive description of all work required in the job.
Wage & Hours: $22.50 per hour, 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week, 5 days a week + %4 vacation pay
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application.
We pride ourselves in the positive work environment we have developed with plenty of opportunities for employees to broaden their skills and experience. We are always looking for talented people to join our team. If you feel you have what it takes to be a part of our team, please submit your resume with cover letter to: email@example.com