About the job: Family is seeking an experienced and compassionate caregiver to take personal care of a senior family member with medical needs.
Employer name: Satta Wati Lal
Job Title: Personal Care Attendant (home care)
Terms of Employment – Full-time (30 hours to 40 hours per week).
Wage: $20.00 to 22.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Benefits: 14 days of paid vacation (after completing a year of employment)
Location of work: The Derby Manor, 8601 16th Avenue, Burnaby BC V3N 0G1, Canada
- Education and Qualifications: The applicant is required to have at least a high school education and completion of caregiver-related training; Education and training in nursing are
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of related caregiver experience is required, preferably caring for people with medical needs and seniors.
- Language requirements: English (mandatory).
- Provide continuous care and company to the elderly (79 years old) female with chronic medical conditions that makes her unable to perform daily activities and to be independent.
- Duties include helping her to walk from place to place (indoors walks daily), bathing, going to the bathroom, dressing/undressing, and helping her with personal hygiene.
- Assisting during food intakes and giving her medication per doctor’s instructions.
- Perform physical therapy home exercises prescribed by her doctor.
- Participate in doctor visits, help with collecting medical samples, and follow any instructions and assignments provided by the doctors.
- Maintain the suite organized and clean – daily light cleaning, vacuuming, and laundry for the elderly person.
This job position is open to Indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities.
Contact information: Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com