Mar 11, 2021
$82,111 - $106,744 yearly
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay
Chisasibi, Baie-James, QC, Canada
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the incumbent collaborates to the management of the organization’s information technology and systems resources (ITS), network and other forms of ITS electronic/digital telecommunication of the Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB). The incumbent ensures proper operational functioning and maintenance of the organization’s clinical and administrative information systems and technology. Also, ensures systems analysis, programming and development of new or up-graded applications, systems, projects and knowledge management for strategic use and benefit and ITS training, in collaboration with Human Resources Development (HRD) as well as through liaison with end-users.
- Leads the development of the vision and strategy for activities under their authority. Where necessary, re-engineers the divisional structure and operations to ensure it aligns with business processes, tactical planning, and strategic vision of Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay (CBHSSJB).
- Contributes to specific regional responsibilities and the leadership, accountability, coordination, organization, development, evaluation, and identification of resource development needs for the planning and management of the organization’s information technology.
- Contributes to the application and follow-up of agreements with the Ministry of Health and Social Services of Quebec (MSSS) for information technology management and accountability.
- Collaborates to the identification of ITS needs by monitoring information requirements identified in the organization, for use in hardware and software and telecommunications through systems analysis.
- Ensures the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of the regional and local information systems implementation plan with the members of the administrative committees and designated managements responsible for MIS in their respective jurisdiction.
- Ensures the management of the information resources of the organization through the planning, organization, coordination, quality assurance and evaluation.
- Ensures the development, coordination and ongoing implementation of clinical, program and administrative management information systems (MIS), as well as the associated hardware and applications, in support of designated managements responsible for MIS in their respective jurisdiction.
- Ensures the planning and organization, and oversees the ordering, installation, maintenance and support of organizational computer hardware and software and telecommunications equipment.
- Ensures the planning and organization and oversees the operational implementation of all forms of ITS communications for the CBHSSJB Network.
- Leads and collaborates with internal and external partners in the planning, design and implementation of all types of training for all end-users of the organization’s hardware, systems, software and communication technology, according to the model of training responsibilities.
- Ensures human, financial, material, and information resources management and the general administration of the Direction.
- Bachelor degree in computer science;
- Certificate in Administration is an asset.
- Four (4) years experience in information technology and systems management in a health or social setting, or public organization.
- Strong record in a senior level of information management, with an additional four years of technical experience.
Knowledge and abilities
- Strong knowledge of current issues and trends in ITS management, operational delivery planning, organization, coordination, supervision and quality assurance systems.
- Strong and broad knowledge of the entire range of information sub-functions, especially knowledge of Networked PC environment and current associated applications including hardware and systems analysis, application programming, clinical and management information systems as well as social network management.
- Good knowledge of specific programming languages and applications.
- Good knowledge of the Quebec and MSSS public administration information and ITS management laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of the aforementioned for a Regional Board, Integrated University Health and Social Services Centre (IUHSSC), Integrated Health and Social Services Centre (IHSSC) and hospital programs is an asset;
- Good knowledge of the MSSS Network, orientations and programs for the management of information resources in the MSSS health and social services environment.
- Strong leadership and line management skills including financial, human and material resources management.
- Ability to effectively manage a staff/functional management in a line-staff organization.
- Ability to both manage the planning and development of new services and programs and the maintenance and quality assurance of existing services and programs.
- Knowledge of or ability to grasp the issues and context that relate to First Nation health and social services programming.
- Knowledge of Cree culture, communities and language is an asset.
- Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
- Results-oriented, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, and respectful leadership and teamwork skills.
- Human relations, coaching and mediation skills.
- Excellent communication skills, (listening, written and presentation).
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all colleagues, as a team member and team leader.
- Fluent in English and French;
- Fluency in Cree is an asset.
Cree Board of Health and Social Services of James Bay