Start date: These positions start on approximately November 25th, 2021.
Term of employment: Seasonal, full-time – 4-5 days/week (20-40 hours), plus extra during peak times.
Late November/Early December to April
You will be responsible for providing a fun and memorable learning experience for all ages – 3 years and older.
What you’ll be doing:
- To supervise a group of children or adults for the day on Whistler or Blackcomb Mountain in a variety of activities including instruction, safety, lunch and special events.
- To perform morning registration set up and afternoon clean up duties as assigned.
- To be familiar with all Snow School programs, prices and lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests.
- To provide written and verbal communication on each child's day to their parents at the completion of each lesson when teaching children’s lessons.
- To follow the guidelines and safety rules as outlined in the Safety Manual.
- To be responsible for the physical, mental and emotional needs of all guests in your care.
- To act as a prudent parent in the absence of the child's parent.
- To attend all mandatory training sessions.
- Minimum Level 3 CSIA or Level 3 CASI or foreign equivalent
- CSIA Teaching Children Module or foreign equivalent
- Previous experience working with children
- Ability to work independently
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to have a whole lot of fun!!!
- Demonstrating our Core Values; Serve Others, Do Right, Be Inclusive, Drive Value, Do Good, Be Safe, Have Fun.
- Provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon check-in (valid within 18 months of your start date)
- Access to numerous/daily training opportunities offered by Whistler Blackcomb Snow School/ Snow School Trainers to improve and build on instructor skills
- Season’s pass for Whistler Blackcomb for duration of employment. Eligible dependents qualify for a season’s pass
- Retail and Rental discounts at all applicable Whistler Blackcomb operated Retail and Rental outlets including 20% off retail purchases, 50% off tuning and rentals, 45% off staff essentials (restricted to certain, select items).
- Staff sales
- Professional Deals – active employees are able to access select industry/sport based websites to access discounts direct from vendors
- Active employees receive Food & Beverage food discounts at applicable Whistler Blackcomb operated Food & Beverage outlets ranging from 25% off food at valley bars to 50% off food at quick serve restaurants. Employees do not receive discounts on alcohol.
- Staff Accommodation available on limited basis
- A full list of staff perks and benefits can be found here
Rate of pay:
A Level 3 instructor will be paid an hourly rate within the range of $22.85/hour to $45.85/hour
- An instructor with a minimum of CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance) or CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) or foreign equivalent Level 3 will earn a minimum of the entry wage per level of certification as listed above.
- Exact rate of pay will be calculated after review of your instructor certification, seasons of teaching and additional relevant experience. This is subject to validation of official documents in support of these items.
- Should an instructor obtain additional eligible certification over the course of the winter season and during their employment as a Snow Sport Instructor with Whistler Blackcomb, they will be eligible for an increased rate of pay per the Whistler Blackcomb Snow School Compensation Plan.
- In addition to their hourly rate, instructors who teach Private lessons are eligible for an additional incentive of between $2 and $13 per hour. The rate is determined annually and applied to all private lessons as per the Compensation Plan.
- Merit Increase – Return instructors may be eligible for a merit increase at the time of rehire, however this is not guaranteed.
Language of work: English
Hours of work: Full time Snow Sport Instructors typically work a range of 4 – 8 hours per day 5 days a week. Work is based on guest demand. Employees working in excess of 8 hours per day will be eligible for overtime paid at time and a half.
Location of physical work/business address: Whistler and or Blackcomb Mountain (on mountain), 4545 Blackcomb Way, Whistler, British Columbia V8E 0X9
Should you suffer an injury arising out of and in the course of employment at Whistler Blackcomb, you had followed all training requirements, and should the nature of the injury prevent you from executing the physical requirements of your regular duties, you will be assigned modified duties as per Whistler Blackcomb’s Return to Work Program. In the event that the injury is such that you are unable to undertake any modified duties, you may be eligible to receive wage loss benefits which are determined by WorkSafeBC.
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thrive in the outdoors, love the mountains, and are passionate about what they do. We look for applicants who share in this passion, whether you are looking for a seasonal job or wanting to build an exciting career, don’t miss the chance to work and play in BC’s winter wonderland. If you sound like our ideal applicant please apply online and show us what you’ve got. #wbworklove
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 317227