About us: Variant Services Inc. is a team of construction and renovation professionals that work closely together with subcontractors to create dream homes for our customers. We are located in Richmond with various project locations throughout the Lower Mainland for over two decades. Since 1999, Variant Services Inc. has been renovating, rehabbing and updating BC’s finest buildings and residences. The constant demand for high-quality products, craftsmanship, and professional services at competitive rates has earned us our customer's trust, respect, referrals and loyal repeat business. We are proud of our company and encourage comparison.
About the job: Variant Home Services Inc is looking for experienced carpenters to work on residential and commercial renovation projects overseeing them from start to completion. A perfect candidate would have a minimum of 2 years of experience working on residential and/or commercial construction projects.
Employer name: Variant Home Services Inc
Office Address: 153-2633 Viking Way, Richmond, BC V6V 3B6
Mailing Address: 2204 - East 24th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V5N 2V2
Job Title: Carpenter
Number of open positions: 3
Terms of Employment – Full-time (40 hours per week).
Wage: from $28.50 to $34.00 per hour (based on experience)
Benefits: 2 weeks of paid vacation (after completing a year of employment)
Location of work: 2204 East 24th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada, V5N 2V2
- Education and Qualifications: The applicant is required to have at least a secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Work Experience: At least 2 years of experience working on residential constructions or similar projects.
- As a Carpenter, you should have experience and be comfortable with all types of carpentry including but not limited to framing, renovating and finishing.
- A positive attitude, good work ethic, and enthusiasm and motivation for the endeavor.
Language requirements: English.
- Perform carpentry on residential and commercial renovation projects and new constructions projects – e.g. cutting, shaping/constructing, installing, repairing, erecting structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials.
- Perform general maintenance and repair duties related to buildings, grounds and equipment in a variety of areas as required;
- Have close knowledge and abilities of working with construction documents (architectural, structural mechanical and electrical drawings). Keep up to date with local building codes regulations and safety requirements in order to construct various architectural components based on the provided blueprints;
- Able to safely use and maintain various small construction tools such as drills, skill saws, reciprocating saws, table saws, small hand tools etc.;
- Prepare various materials for form assembly by measuring, cutting and shaping;
- Assist with building, installing and stripping assorted forms such as windows, doors, stairs, moulding and hardware;
- Continuously assess and manage safety hazards according to the Variant Services comprehensive safety policies;
- Manage and instruct the site workers in regards to completion of your projects;
- May be required to supervise, train, mentor, and direct construction helpers and apprentices, as needed.
Contact information: Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.