Pets People Practice AB Inc. is seeking two (2) full time Veterinarians (Small Animal) to work at its Grande Prairie Animal Hospital & Animals First Clinic locations in Grand Prairie, Alberta. Our animal hospitals in Grande Prairie offer a wide range of comprehensive veterinary services to keep your pets healthy, from routine exams and vaccinations to dental care, surgery and internal medicine. We are an established and highly efficient team dedicated to practicing high-quality medicine. We value work-life balance and have a lot of fun as a team.
You will be scheduled for 40 hours over 4 or 5 days. There will be a mix of appointments and surgeries, and while we do require on-call shifts, the service is shared with another veterinary clinic.
We value veterinarians, and prove it by supporting your personal, financial, and professional growth through:
- Continuing Education (CE); CE includes payment of up to $2,000 towards education programs that will enhance and advance veterinary skills and knowledge and be of mutual benefit to you and the Hospital, plus up to five (5) days paid leave to attend such continuing education. Additional CE is possible if it will enhance and further the business;
- Extended Health Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, & Vision premiums paid);
- Professional Services coverage (chiropractor, massage therapist, physiotherapist, etc.);
- Employee Assistance Program;
- Paid Licensing & Membership Dues;
- Professional Liability Insurance coverage;
- Paid Vacation time;
- Paid Sick & Personal Days;
- Generous Veterinary Discounts (75% off services for your own pets, and an extended family and friends discount);
- Uniform Allowance;
- Eligibility for a discretionary Performance Bonus.
If you are looking for a progressive environment where each individual is heard, and recognized for their unique contributions, we'd love to talk.
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive, and diverse workplace. If you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Job Duties: to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals through physical examinations or laboratory tests.
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds, performing surgery, or other therapies.
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases.
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations.
- Advise clients on the feeding, hygiene, behaviour, breeding, housing and general care of animals.
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia.
- May supervise animal health technologists and animal care workers.
- Educate the public about diseases that can spread from animals to humans.
- Collect body tissue, feces, blood, urine, or other body fluids for examination and analysis.
- Perform laboratory procedures and diagnostic tests, including parasitology, hematology and urinalysis.
- Operate diagnostic equipment, such as radiographic and ultrasound equipment, and interpret the resulting images.
- Administer anesthetics, perform surgery, and monitor patients during surgery and recovery with the assistance of the technical team.
- Follow discharge guidelines for hospitalized and postoperative patients, and treatment plan guidelines for clients, to ensure proper patient treatment in the home environment (including client follow-up post hospitalization).
- Humanely euthanize animals when it has been mutually agreed upon by the patient’s owner.
- Document actions by completing forms, reports, logs and patient records.
Company Operating Name: Grande Prairie Animal Hospital
Business Address: 10126 100 Ave, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0V5 CA
Secondary Business Location: 101, 9151 Crystal Lake Drive, Grande Prairie, AB, T8X 0B7
Title of Position: Veterinarian (Small Animal Veterinarian)
Terms of Employment: Full-time, permanent
Official Language/Language of Work: English
Salary Range: $96,817.00 - $120,000.00 Canadian Dollars
Location of Work: 10126 100 Ave, Grande Prairie, AB T8V 0V5 CA
Secondary Location of Work: 101, 9151 Crystal Lake Drive, Grande Prairie, AB, T8X 0B7
Name: Matthew Verwey
Telephone Number (Cell): 1-289-218-7041
Level of Education Required:
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree OR
- Completion of a four to five-year university degree in veterinary medicine (or related health science field) and completion of the North American Veterinary Licensing Exam (NAVLE)
Skill Requirements/Work Experience: No experience required
Pets People Practice AB Inc.