Employer Name: Alex MacIntyre & Associates Ltd.
Company description: Alex MacIntyre & Associates Limited is one of Canada’s oldest and most highly regarded mining contracting companies with third generation management and a proud history of mining achievements in Canada.
Location of Work: Hwy 61 Inco Road, Thompson, Manitoba R8N 1P3
Title of Position: Heavy Equipment Mechanic (NOC 7312)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- Repair, clean, lubricate, and maintain mine equipment in compliance with workplace safety standards. Including, but not limited to Jumbos, Scoops, Mine Cats, Trucks, Scissor Lifts & MacLean Bolters.
- Read, understand, and interpret prints as well as electrical schematics and hydraulic schematics.
- Troubleshoot equipment for optimal performance, uncover faults, identify hazards, and defects. Must be able to adjust and or repair, in compliance with industry codes and report conditions that may cause pre-mature breakdowns.
- Be capable of testing equipment for performance following repair.
- It is essential candidates be able to develop risk assessments for all tasks and adhere to site policies and procedures by committing to maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Must be proficient in accurately documenting work performed during the shift.
- Perform various duties assigned by the mechanical supervisor, as necessary.
- Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- College diploma or equivalent experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience
- Possession of an Inter-Provincial Red Seal Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Journeyman Trade Certificate, an asset, but not required.
- Apprentices will be considered
- Knowledgeable in the interpretation of prints and electrical schematics and hydraulic schematics.
- Previous experience in the diagnoses, repair, overhaul, and maintenance of heavy-duty equipment in an underground mining environment would be considered an asset.
- Have a strong safety ethic and be able to work collaboratively with other trades personnel and crew members, often with little or no supervision.
- Full Underground Basic Common Core an asset.
Wage: $23.25 / hour + 75% bonus (guaranteed minimum of $32.25 / hour)
Breakfast / Lunch / Dinner provided with accommodations during regular rotation.
- Number of hours per day: 10
- Number of days per week: 7
- Number of hours per week: 70
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 8 hours a day or 40 hours a week
- Shift rotation (as applicable): 28-on, 14-off (subject to change based on needs of the
business and projects)
Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
Type of Vacation: As per employment standards in Manitoba
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: MacIntyrejobs@iveygroup.ca
Alex MacIntyre & Associates Ltd.