Light duty cleaners’ clean lobbies, hallways, offices and rooms of hotels, motels, resorts, hospitals, schools, office buildings and private residences. They are employed by hotels, motels, resorts, recreational facilities, hospitals, and other institutions, building management companies, cleaning service companies and private individuals.
This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Sweep, mop, wash, wax, and polish floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies, and upholstered furniture
- Make beds, change sheets, and distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Attend to guests' requests for extra supplies
- Stock linen closets and other supplies' areas
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Clean and disinfect public areas such as changing rooms, showers, and elevators
- Disinfect operating rooms and other hospital areas
- Pick up debris and empty trash containers
- Wash windows, walls, and ceilings.
- Report and store lost and found items
- May provide basic information on facilities
- May handle complaints.
EDUCATION: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
EXPERIENCE: Two years to less than three years