4154 - Professional occupations in religion
Professionals in religion conduct religious services, administer the rites of a religious faith or denomination, provide spiritual and moral guidance, and perform other functions associated with the practice of a religion. They perform these duties in churches, synagogues, temples, or other places of worship. They may also work in other institutions such as schools, hospitals, and correctional facilities.
- This group performs some or all of the following duties:
- Conduct regular religious services
- Administer rites of faiths such as marriages and funerals
- Pray and promote spirituality by delivering sermons and other talks
- Provide spiritual and moral guidance to members of a religious faith
- Supervise, plan, and administer programs of religious education
- May participate in humanitarian endeavors, and delivery of social services and welfare activities
- May share in the administrative and financial operation of a religious community
- May provide consultation services to government and other organizations.