Calle Mexico is an authentic Mexican food restaurant owned and managed by a Mexican family in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are currently looking for 2 Cooks for our Southside location.
- Prepare food and cook complete meals or individual dishes and foods.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food
- Prepare food as required to ensure the line is always stocked
- notify the chef in advance of likely shortages
- maintain inventory and records of food temperatures, supplies, and equipment
- Set up and oversee buffets
- constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices
- maintain a clean kitchen and work areas throughout the shift
- perform other duties as directed by the Chef or General Manager
Job Bank reference 1771752
Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices
- ability to work on your feet all day and lift light to medium loads
- valid Food safe qualification is considered an asset or is willing to complete
- requires the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, attention to detail.
- ability to work under pressure both independently, as well as in a team environment
- fast-paced environment and physically demanding
- experience working with Mexican cuisine would be considered an asset
- must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- excellent oral communication
- team player
- client focus
Apply in person at 7704 104 Street NW, Edmonton, AB. between 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Benefits: Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Vision care benefits.
Employment conditions: early morning, morning, day, evening, weekend, night.
The employer doesn't cover the relocation costs.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years