About us: At Restoration Hardwood we specialize in floor installation (hardwood, laminate, vinyl, and tile) carpeting and hardwood refinishing. Our company has been in business since 1998 expertly taking care of our customers’ floor needs. Our expertise results in professional work and high-quality products, essential to achieve the desired results our clients expect. Please visit our website at https://restorationhardwood.ca/ to learn more about our services.
About the job: We are looking for Floor Covering Installers with different levels of experience to work on residential and/or commercial projects.
Employer name: Restoration Hardwood Floors
Employer Address: 1181 Grant Street Vancouver, BC V6A 2J7
Job Title: Floor Covering Installer
Number of open positions: 4
Terms of Employment – Full-time (35 to 40 hours per week).
Wage: from $25 to $27.00 per hour (based on experience)
Benefits: 2 weeks of paid vacation (after completing a year of employment)
Location of work: various locations in Greater Vancouver area
- Education and Qualifications:
- The applicant is required to have at least a secondary (high) school graduation certificate.
- Work Experience:
- An ideal candidate will have more than 2 years of experience in floor installation.
- Will be willing to train employees with less experience who meet all other requirements
- Additional requirement:
- Have to be comfortable working with hardwood, laminate, vinyl and tile floor coverings; be able to install carpet floor covering and perform hardwood refinishing;
- Team player – be collaborative and flexible, respectful of the team members and their duties
- Hold a positive attitude, good work ethics, enthusiasm and motivation for the endeavor.
Language requirements: English.
- Evaluate project sites to determine the most appropriate flooring solutions;
- Participate in and contribute to preparing customer presentations, estimating cost of materials and hours of work (perform precise measurements of the area), making pricing decisions and answering customer questions and concerns;
- Remove existing flooring and discard old materials, if applicable;
- Prepare the work surface by measuring, marking surface to be covered;
- Measure and cut the floor covering materials using tools;
- Complete the installation by applying appropriate installation techniques and finishes; use adhesive, staples, nails, grouting, rollers or other appropriate tools and materials;
- Ensure that the flooring materials are well-positioned, secure, and clean;
- Clear the work surface from dust and debris;
- Continuously lift rolls and boxes of carpet etc.
- Refinish existing hardwood floor covering:
- Inspect and access the damages on existing hardwood floor coverings;
- Prepare the surface for refinishing (move rugs and furniture, nails, check for squeaks, remove debris, seek vents, pull up shoe base molding, etc.)
- Rough-send the floor using machine;
- Screen-send the floor;
- Apply wood stain and the finish.
- Educate clients about suitable care for their floors;
- Closely collaborate with job site superintendents and other trades to make sure the job proceeds smoothly;
- Record and report extras and downtime daily;
- Continuously assess and follow the company’s safety procedures.
Contact information: Please e-mail your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.