Established in 1995, Avalon College is part of a network of educational institutions across 3 Canadian provinces offering more than 500 programs. We were created with the mission to inspire students to pursue their dreams and empower them to shape their future and prepare them for success. In order to better serve our growing international student population, we are looking for an officer in the admissions department, specializing in the recruitment of students from abroad, to join our dynamic team of professionals in the field of education and administration.
Processing of applications for admission
- Evaluate, screen and accept applications from international students based on academic and other entry criteria
- Validate the information contained in the requests.
- Postpone, decline, expire and cancel offers as needed.
- Obtain the additional information necessary for the evaluation of applications.
- Payment processing.
Responsible for the files of foreign and local students
- Organization and filing of recruitment files.
- Contribute to the database of potential and current students.
- Write admission reports according to the instructions.
Head of International Student Recruitment and Student Services
- Analyzes trends in the recruitment of international students;
- Design and implement recruitment programs for target groups, develop program evaluation strategies.
- Create and distribute a range of resources and promotional materials designed for the recruitment and retention of targeted groups.
- Develop recruitment programs that require targeted recruitment efforts and knowledge of the specific needs of target groups.
- Organize information sessions and other activities to explain the policies and procedures of the admission requirements.
- Advise students and families regarding programs, admission requirements, policies and procedures and financial aid, etc.
- Demonstrates judgment and initiative in resolving issues/questions arising from the application, admission and bidding processes.
- Keep abreast of academic program requirements, enrollment restrictions, policies related to the recruitment and admission of students, in particular, international students.
- Participate in all required meetings and events.
- Any other tasks assigned.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in an office position related to administration
- Experience in recruiting international students
- Know a language other than the official languages
- Have experience in Education or Public Administration