We are looking for a Software Engineer to join us at our office in Ottawa (5320 Canotek Road, Ottawa, ON, K1J 9C1). We will offer one permanent, full-time position with $53 hourly for 30 hours per week. We hope the start date would be as soon as possible.
- Responsible for assigned projects to achieve operational targets, established by leadership.
- Manage project tasks with team members allocated to the specific project.
- Oversee complex project initiatives of strategic importance to the organization.
- Implement system specifications for testing and control, including: OS, programming language, compiler.
- Design, test, and maintain additional application functionality for web, mobile, cloud and local hardware.
- Modify and update existing site templates by applying industry trends and best practices.
- Modify code according to our client’s needs and troubleshoot software for reliability and scalability.
- Demonstrate ability to architect complex software systems and to research, design and implement complex algorithms.
- Design intuitive local or cloud-based software to pair with our products and technology.
- Evaluate software performance and reliability with consideration of hardware, WIFI and mechanical system requirements.
- Compose concise SQL queries and user’s database, design intuitive APIs, compile succinct software documentation.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements
- Languages required: English
- Education required: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience required: 3 years or more of relevant work experience.
Operating Systems: Unix; Linux;
Environment – Distributed, Business Equipment and Computer Applications Sublime Text; Eclipse
Computer and Technology Knowledge:
TCP/IP; Internet; Database software; Networking software; Networking security; Servers; File management software; Communication software; Project management software; Programming software; HTML editing software; Web service design; Programming languages; Software development; SQL; Data analysis software; Website creation and management software; MS Office; Cloud