Employer Name: Kruger Products L.P.
Company description: Kruger Products L.P. manufactures and distributes high quality, cost-effective product solutions to a wide range of commercial and public entities. Through warehouse clubs, food service and wholesale distributors and janitorial-supply companies, AFH supplies quality paper-based solutions to the accommodation, food service, property management and healthcare sector
Location of Work: Scarborough, Ontario
Title of Position: Electrical Mechanic (NOC 7333)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
- To install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair converting units and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment in the facility.
- The Electrical Mechanic reports directly to the Production Manager
- Test and observe electrical, electronic and mechanical components and systems using testing and measuring instruments
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical issues to identify root cause and implement solutions to prevent re-occurrences
- Replace or recondition shafts, bearings, commutators and other components
- Wind, assemble and install various types of coils for electric motors or transformer
- Perform static or dynamic balancing of armatures or rotors by welding, brazing or soldering electrical connections and by aligning and adjusting parts
- Test and repair or replace faulty wiring or components in electrical switchgear
- Test repaired motors, transformers, switchgear or other electrical apparatus to ensure proper performance
- Perform some machining to recondition or modify shafts, commutators or other parts
- Perform on-site servicing and repair
- Install, align, adjust, take apart and move converting units and other equipment such as pumps, fans, conveyors, according to layout plans using hand and power tools.
- Completes planned and unplanned maintenance activities to support operations
- Supports operations by completing changeovers of major components on converting units
- Operating hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine preventive maintenance work on machinery
- Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
- Participate in continuous improvement activities including idea generation
- Participate in training and cross training improvement initiatives including health and safety and quality improvement
- Completing shift handovers
- Perform other duties as required
Skills, Experience and Education Required:
- Technical, Electrical Mechanic trade certification or equivalent experience
- College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from of program of 1-2 years or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience preferably in manufacturing
- Ability to read technical specifications (including equipment manuals)
- Able to work as a functioning member of a team
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Highly punctual and strong work ethic
- Working knowledge of preventative maintenance
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Physically Demanding
- Standing for extended periods
- Manual dexterity
- Handling Heavy Loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Wage & Hours: $35.88 per hour per hour
- Number of hours per day: 12
- Number of days per week: 4
- Number of hours per week: 42
- Overtime starts after how many hours: 42 hours per week
- Day, shift, night.
☒ Medical Benefits
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Group Insurance Benefits
☒ Life Insurance
☒ Pension plan
☒ Vision Care
Type of Vacation:
☒ % Amount: 4% Remuneration
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Kruger Products L.P. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under KPLP’s Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Accessibility Plan - 1.04.33. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger Products LP.
Kruger Products L.P.