Reporting to the Community Services Administrator, this senior position is responsible for managing the Tsleil-Waututh Nation Child and Family Development Centre to provide quality, inclusive childcare and support services for children and families. The manager has a strong and demonstrated understanding of quality, culturally-appropriate child care programming, early childhood learning and development, and can lead, motivate, train, and coach staff in the delivery of excellence in these areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the Centre promotes positive, holistic, strengths-based early childhood development, in a culturally appropriate manner, to support spiritual, emotional, intellectual and physical growth.
- Ensure the Centre meets all requirements of Child Care Licensing Regulations.
- Recruit, lead, motivate, train and coach a group of highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Lead and coordinate culturally-relevant program planning with staff, informed by the latest early childhood development research and local knowledge keepers
- Ensure the Centre is responsive to community and parent needs, and facilitates parents/ guardians/ caregiver’s involvement.
- Ensure positive communication and collaboration with parents/guardians/caregivers.
- Facilitate a respectful, proactive conflict resolution process when dealing with staff and parents/ guardian/caregiver issues.
- Ensure programs run effectively and within their budgetary requirements.
- Ensure all reporting and funding requirements are met.
- Explore gaps and resources for families with young children and be creative in facilitating supports to meet the needs.
- Ensure positive communication strategies are used with and among staff and, between staff and community members and/or families served.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related discipline.
- Valid ECE Certificate and Infant & Toddler Care and Special Needs Certificate.
- 4+ years of experience working in a childcare setting, 3+ of which are in a management capacity.
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of residential schools, the 60’s scoop, and the overall impact of colonization on Aboriginal communities and families.
- Experience working in a First Nations community and/or Indigenous organization an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience with program planning and development for children aged 3 months to 5 years.
- A valid BC driver’s license and reliable transportation is an asset.
- Up-to-date record of immunizations and tuberculosis test.
- Must successfully pass a criminal record check.
WHY WORK FOR TSLEIL-WAUTUTH NATION:
- Comprehensive health & wellness program, 100% employer paid
- Pension plan
- Generous work/ life balance benefits
- Community fitness and gym access
- Business casual office in a state-of-the-art facility
- Opportunities to learn and practice the rich cultural language and teachings
- Training and career development
- Located on the traditional lands of the Tsleil-Waututh people in beautiful North Vancouver
Apply by sending your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com,
quoting Manager of Child and Family Development Centre in the subject line.
To learn more about Tsleil-Waututh Nation visit www.twnation.ca