Job Title: Millwright/ Industrial Electrician
Location: Abbotsford, Kelowna
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Pay Rate· $26.00 - $31.00....hourly ( Salary negotiable based on experience) Benefits: (list the benefits applicable)
Ecotex Healthcare Linen Services Inc provides laundry services to many large hospitals in the USA and Canada. We have been expanding our services and need skilled Journeyman Electricians or Millwrights for our team in our BC facilities.You would join a company whose mission is, quite simply, about minimising downtime and maximising output.
As a Millwright/Industrial Electrician, you will be repairing and performing preventative maintenance for:
- Automated Bag System,
- Automated tunnel washers,
- Automated gas fired dryers,
- Automated feeders / folding equipment,
- Air compressors and other electrical systems and electronics.
You will be expected to:
- repair circuits running on 480, 208 or 120 volt panels;
- Troubleshoot 277/120 volt lighting systems;
- Work on existing (vs. new) three-phase motors, branch circuits and other equipment;
- Repair low voltage equipment control circuits (including VFD’s),
- Run conduit and pull the correct gauge of wire to match the amperage of a given circuit;
- Repair electrical systems and assemblies;
- Perform preventive maintenance on a wide-range of systems, including motor-control, pump motors and industrial equipment;
- Use your skills and know-how to spot problems before they happen; Diagnose problems in electrical systems and assemblies.
Major Job Responsibilities:
Repairing, diagnosis and troubleshooting of industrial laundry equipment
- Complete work orders and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Promptly respond to all urgent situations for equipment repair.
- Order parts and monitor parts inventories.
- Assume responsibility for various other tasks as they occur or are assigned.
- Electrical training
- Familiar with electrical circuits and components
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Use a voltmeter to troubleshoot problems with electrical systems
- Mechanical aptitude
- Carry out Millwright tasks as required
- Ability to weld is desirable, but not required
- Basic computer literacy
- Ability to lift and move 50 lbs
- Candidate must obtain a boiler ticket within the first 6-12 months
- No English required
. Basic computer literacy
. Excellent organisational skills
Formal training on low voltage control circuits. We will test all shortlisted applicants
- Some college or technical training (certificates and licences)
- Boiler Training is desirable.
- Full-Time Position, 5 – 8 hour shifts
- Weekends required, including holidays
- Emergency response may be required on a 24-hour basis
- Perform miscellaneous labor activities to help other workers as directed
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Physically demanding and includes sitting, standing, walking, bending, crouching, kneeling