With over 70 years of combined construction experience, Caravel Group draws on proficiencies in the high rise, low rise residential, retail and commercial sectors to get the job done right the first time.
We specialize in commercial development and millwork production with high quality control to ensure your product gets delivered with the highest satisfaction guaranteed.
Working closely with our clients, allows us to accommodate their desired timeline with assurance of the highest management control. We update our clients weekly of site updates and project scheduled timelines to ensure they are part of the process.
We look forward to working with you on your next build!
Engineering Design and Drafting Specialist
- Work with team leads and clients in developing and finalizing engineering designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, and specifications
- Develop and draft design sketches
- Confirm with clients the project’s design drawings to ensure to compliance with client-approved specifications and design
- Operate and work with various technologies, such as CNC milling, EDM (Electrical discharge machine), additive technologies, surface-grinding, radial drilling, universal turning, universal milling, sheet-bending, sheet-cutting, stamping, CNC laser works, welding, and other computer-assisted drafting equipment
- Work with injection molds, tolerances and fits using various materials (such as different types of steel, aluminum, copper, plastic materials, wood and etc.)
- Write technological maps and routes, also the creation of technological equipment for works of varying complexity
- May prepare contracts and tender documents
- Prepare specifications, costs and other material estimates
- May supervise and train other design technologists, technicians and drafters.
- Highschool Diploma – professional training in engineering design/drafting an asset
- 2-3 years of experience in working with CAM (Computer-aided manufacturing) 3,4 and 5 axis milling with “Solid CAM”, writing postprocessors for equipment of varying complexity
- 2-3 years of proven experience operating and working with various CAD equipment
- Able to work with different teams and different projects at a time
- Good English language skills
- Permanent, full-time position with lots of room to grow!
- Annual rate of $44,00.00 for at least 30 hours per week
- Overtime rate of $42.31 will apply after 44 hours of work per week
- Location of work: 70 Haist Avenue, Woodbridge, ON L4L 5V4
How to apply:
Please apply with your resume and professional portfolio to email@example.com