Employer Name: Cascades Recovery + Etobicoke
Company description: Cascades Recovery+, a division of Cascades Canada ULC (“Cascades Recovery+”), provides its partners with a custom Recovery PLUS® recycling program, focused on increasing diversion and minimizing overall waste costs. Cascades Recovery+ is NOT a waste Company, we are a full-service Sustainability solutions provider.
Location of Work: 66 Shorncliffe Rd, Etobicoke, ON M8Z 5K1
Title of Position: Forklift Operator (NOC 7452)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
Unionized position: Yes
• Complete and submit your equipment inspection form, and immediately report any defects, which may jeopardize the safe operation of your equipment.
• Load and unload customer’s recyclable materials from trucks and place in designated areas for processing, utilizing a Forklift.
• Load and unload trailers as required and/or directed by the Production Supervisor.
• Prepare containers or equipment and load into trucks, as requested by your Lead Hand/Supervisor.
• Ensure all containers and equipment are thoroughly cleaned, free of debris and in good operating condition before being shipped to our customers.
• Manual loading and unloading of containers or equipment.
• Assist Lead Hand/Production Supervisor in weighing and grading of all inbound and outbound materials.
• This job description indicates the general nature and level of work, duties and responsibilities expected of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
• You are responsible to abide by all Cascades Recovery+ Safety Rules, Policies, and Procedures.
• Steel toe safety boots, safety glasses, hearing protection and hard hat must be worn while working or any protective device required by Cascades Recovery+, where required.
• Federal and Provincial Government approved COVID mask must be worn at all times.
• Safety gloves are to be worn while handling wooden rolling bins. Sorting gloves to be worn when sorting paper.
• High Visibility Safety vest, or uniform with visibility strips must be worn while working.
• You are required to work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario.
• You are required to work in a safe manner and not to endanger yourself, another employee, or any other person, through reckless unsafe actions.
• You shall not remove or make ineffective, any protective device required by Cascades Recovery+.
• Report immediately any identified hazard to your Production Supervisor.
• Must be able to lift, push and pull a minimum of 20 kgs (44 pounds).
• Must have excellent manual dexterity.
• Will perform duties that require repetitive motion.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Will be required to bend, kneel and climb stairs.
• Must be able to work in confined spaces.
• Will be exposed to seasonal weather conditions due to working in a recycling environment.
• Noisy environment.
• Three (3) months of job experience is an asset.
• Training on appropriate assigned equipment is an asset.
• No education required
Wage & Hours: $17.45 per hour
• Number of hours per day: 8
• Number of days per week: 5
• Number of hours per week: 40
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 40
• Shift rotation (as applicable): N/A
☒ Disability Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Dental Insurance once eligible as per CBA
☒ Pension: RRSP/DPSP program once eligible as per CBA
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g., prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services, and equipment) once eligible as per CBA
☒ Life Insurance: 1.5 times annual base salary to a maximum of $100.000 once eligible as per CBA
Type of Vacation:
☒ 4 %: Accrued up to one year of service and paid out in the employee’s proceeding year as prescribed CBA
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org