The primary role of the in-home personal support worker will be responsible to oversee and assist 2 adult children with disabilities living in their family home with day-to-day living, dressing, grooming, toileting, transferring and getting to and from activities, meal preparations, eating, general housekeeping, shopping, provide personal care, medication management and any other health care duties as needed. Please note, one sibling is high functioning and require very little assistance except for companionship.
As well, the in-home care giver will provide company for the adults living with disabilities and improve their social environment.
Full-Time Live In
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. from Monday to Friday
Please note the In-Home Personal Worker will be provided with their own personal living space.
· Secondary School (Preferred)
· Day Shift (Preferred)
· Must be flexible and willing to work overtime if required.
Full Job Description
· Assist the adult children with hygiene and personal care, including brushing teeth, bathing (if required), using the bathroom and dressing
· Perform general housekeeping duties and maintain a clean and organized space for the individuals
· Promote independence for one child
· Encourage life and shelf-help skills
· Assist and Perform activities of day to day living in home
· Encourage physical activity, mental alertness and social involvement by planning and participating in activities such as going for walks, colouring, singing, watching movies, baking, or playing games
· Helps the adult with meal preparations and shopping
· Be able to communicate with the adults
· Must be dependable and very patient
· Eligible to work in Canada
· First Aid and CPR
· Personal Support Worker Certificate/Foreign Trained Nurse/Student Nurse
· TB vaccination
· COVID VACCINATION
· Demonstrate genuine concern and interest in providing compassionate, supportive care and exceptional quality of care.
Only candidates qualified will be contacted.