Employer Name: CJ Equipment Repairs
Company description: CJ Equipment has one goal: to bring you affordable, quality service. Our quality standards meet and even exceed any dealership's. Our qualified team is composed of licensed heavy equipment technicians, licensed automotive technicians and licensed heavy truck technicians, as well as apprentices in all three fields. We're proud to offer Fisher & Western snowplows and spreaders, BayLynx plows, Drive Equipment and BD Diesel performance accessories. We're also an authorized Hood Hyundai heavy equipment subdealer. And now, we're an ASV loader dealer as well!
Location of Work: 155 Government Road North, Timmins, Ontario
(May require work in off-site project-based/camp locations)
Title of Position: Truck and Coach Technician (NOC 7321)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
• Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, and perform repairs on miscellaneous equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts
• Read electrical and hydraulic diagrams.
• Complete maintenance reports
• Quality test repaired equipment for proper performance and ensure the work meets manufacturers specifications.
• Complete work orders, in detail, on all tasks completed.
• Adapt quickly to meet changing priorities and help resolve issues that may arise in the shop, on-site or in the field.
• Listen and carry out instructions diligently and speak up when instructions are unclear or not understood.
• Diagnostic tool/computer skills
• French considered an asset
• Must be able to obtain Driver’s license
• Must be able to obtain trade certification
• Welding skills considered an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
• Physically demanding
• Attention to detail
• Bending, crouching, kneeling
• Hand-eye co-ordination
• Handling heavy loads
• Manual dexterity
• Standing for extended periods
• Client focus
• Team player
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as Truck & Coach Technician
• Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Wage & Hours: $ 26.06 /h
• Number of hours per day: 10 at the shop and 12 on-site camp jobs
• Number of days per week: 5-6 at the shop (tech come in occasionally on Saturdays) Camp jobs are 7 days a week for 2 weeks.
• Number of hours per week: 45-50 at the shop and 84 on camp jobs
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 44
• Shift rotation (as applicable): On-site camp jobs sometimes require night shift which is still 12 hour shifts 7 days a week for 2 weeks.
Benefits come into effect after the 3 months probationary period
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
☒ Other (if applicable): Full accommodations and internet access included; vision care benefits, group insurance benefits, life insurance
Type of Vacation:
☒ Week Number: 2
☒ % Amount: 4%
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org