We at Rocman Contracting Ltd. located at
. Operate and drive primarily tractor-trailor, long-combination vehicle and straight-body trucks weighing over 4500 kg to
transport goods and materials over long distances
• Plan trip logistics and obtain required documentation to transport goods
Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection of vehicle systems, equipment and accessories such as tires, lights and
turning signals, brakes and cold storage
• Ensure cargo is secured properly in accordance with safety requirements and follow safety procedures for transporting
dangerous goods . Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes . Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
• Administer bills of lading and manually or electronically maintain log books
• Communicate with dispatcher, other drivers and customers using communication devices and on-board computers . May perform emergency roadside repairs
• May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy . May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
• Operate and drive primarily straight trucks to transport goods and materials mainly on local routes and short inter-urban routes
• Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle such as condition of equipment, and
loading and unloading of cargo
• May drive special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks.
Wage Offered: $ 28 Per Hour for 40 to 60 Hours per week 10 Days Paid Vacation
• Completion of secondary school is usually required.
• On-the-job-training is provided.
• Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational
school or community college, may be required.
• A Class 3 or D licence is required to drive straight-body trucks.
A Class 1 or A licence is required to drive long combination vehicles.
• Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
• Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) certification is required for drivers who transport hazardous
products or dangerous goods.
• Additional licensing endorsement or certification may be required to drive articulated trucks.