Employer Name: White River Forest Products
Company description: We are a community-based venture building its own future. Our corporate mission is to be a profitable, low-cost forestry company, converting forest resources into competitive and innovative quality projects while protecting the environment and creating positive long term social, cultural and economic benefit for the region and its people, employees and shareholders. We advocate a non-discriminatory policy as well as favouring the employment of local and regional residents.
Location of Work: 315 Highway 17, White River, ON, P0M3G0
Title of Position: Millwright (NOC 7311)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
• Shall work under the direction and instruction of Millwright III, II, I or A
• Carry out maintenance and lubrication activities in accordance with safe work procedures and workshop standards.
• Read blueprints, diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
• Adjust machinery and repair or replace defective parts
• Identify and resolve issues associated with breakdown/corrective maintenance in a timely manner.
• Ensure allocated jobs are always completed safely and to a high quality.
• Make use of computer-based maintenance systems if required as part of the role.
• Effective troubleshooting (root cause analysis).
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• In addition to foregoing, the person will be exposed to basic principles of hydraulics and pneumatics.
• Positive interaction with all workshop personnel - displaying genuine concern for their safety and well-being.
• Demonstrate commitment to health, safety and environment.
• Proven attention to detail with high level of accuracy
• Ability to work effectively as part of team and independently
• Capable to multi-task, self-manage and self-motivate
• Demonstrate good attendance and performance records with the ability to maintain these same standards
• 1 to 2 years of experience
• High School Diploma
Wage & Hours: $ 31.47
• Number of hours per day: 12
• Number of days per week: 7
• Number of hours per week: 84
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 84
• Shift rotation (as applicable): 7 on 7 off
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, vision care)
☒ Other (if applicable): As per Collective Agreement
Type of Vacation:
☒ Days Number: 2 weeks after one year of service
☐ 4% Amount:
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org