Employer Name: Battlefield Equipment Rentals
Company description: Battlefield Equipment Rentals provides complete access to Cat parts for any piece of construction equipment that you may have, large or small. We're committed to offering the best over-the-counter availability in the industry. We are an Authorized Dealer for hundreds of manufacturers, and have access to the parts you need for your equipment. We provide in-house, on-site service, and emergency service. At Battlefield Equipment Rentals, our entire team is ready to handle your requirements on the jobsite, whatever they may be. If you are unable to find time to properly service your own equipment, our team of highly skilled mechanics will thoroughly check your equipment and make sure it is in excellent working order.
Location of Work: 880 South Service Road, Stoney Creek, ON L8E 5M7
Title of Position: Heavy Duty Equipment Technician – (NOC 7312/72401)
Type of Position: Permanent, full time
• Participate in safe workplace safety, environmentally sound behaviors and practices at all times in support of Battlefield’s health and safety policy programs and initiatives;
• Check construction equipment for proper performance and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
• Diagnose faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine extent of repair required
• Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems, using hand and power tools
• Test repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers' specifications
• Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
• Extensive background and knowledge of construction equipment and the necessary parts and services to maintain and repair;
• Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and repairs;
• Existing knowledge of the service/maintenance requirements for all types of construction equipment including Genie, Skyjack and CAT.
• Ability to work independently, skilled in time management and organization;
• Adaptable to on-call work schedules and willing to work to meet the demands of the business;
• Strong computer skills and familiarity with Cat systems (ET and SIS would be considered beneficial);
• A customer-centric and positive attitude; good communication skills;
• Applicant must be able to perform heavy lifting, as heavy lifting will be required frequently;
• Must be able to obtain a valid G-class driver’s license
• 3 to 5 years of prior experience in performing failure analysis and repair on all types of construction equipment.
• College Diploma or equivalent technical experience
Wage & Hours: $30.50
• Number of hours per day: 8-10
• Number of days per week: 5
• Number of hours per week: 44-50
• Overtime starts after how many hours: 44
• Shift rotation (as applicable): Days, Monday to Friday
Group Benefits are important, not only for the financial assistance they provide, but also for the security they provide for our employees and their families, especially in the case of unforeseen circumstances. Battlefield Equipment Rentals has specifically designed a Group Benefit Plan where full time and part time employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
☒ Disability Insurance
☒ Dental Insurance – Basic and Major Coverage
☒ Extended medical insurance (e.g. prescription drugs, paramedical services, medical services and equipment)
☒ Other (if applicable):
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Global Medical Assistance
- Retirement Program:
• Defined Contribution Pension Plan - A mandatory program for all full time employees and together with government pension benefits provides a good foundation for their personal financial security during retirement.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan Access - eligible employees who contribute to this plan receive a 33% Company match to a maximum. For flexibility, this can be done under your RRSP, TFSA, or non-registered savings account.
• Voluntary Group RRSP and Non-Registered Savings Plans allow our employees to invest their money through payroll deductions or lump sum contributions and have access to Financial and Investment Advice.
- Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Type of Vacation:
☒ Days Number: 10
☒ % Amount: 4 %
Anyone who is qualified and can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your application. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply: firstname.lastname@example.org