Wings Block has an immediate opening for an experienced Food Service Supervisor (TEER: 62020) at our location in Welland, Ontario.
As a Food Service Supervisor, you will perform some or all of the following duties:
· Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule the activities of staff who prepare, portion and serve food
· Estimate and order ingredients and supplies required for meal preparation
· Prepare food order summaries according to requests from customers
· Create work schedules and processes to effectively manage the workload.
· Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage
· Provide personnel with training on how to perform their jobs properly and in terms of safety, cleanliness, and other processes.
· Supervise and check assembly of regular and special trays and delivery of food to Customers.
· Ensure that food and service meet quality control standards
· May participate in the selection of food service staff and assist in the development of policies, procedures and budgets
· May plan cafeteria menus and determine related food and labour costs.
· Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres
· Completion of secondary school;
· Completion of a community college program in food service administration, hotel and restaurant management or related discipline or Have 1 to 2 years of experience in food preparation or services are required;
· Effective supervising skills and attention to detail;
· Proven analytical skills with ability to tackle problems systematically to diagnose issues and produce effective recommendations;
· Multi-tasker and effective time management.
Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time (35 hours/week)
Compensation: $ 17.50 / hour
Business Location: 515 King Street, Welland, ON, L3C 0E4